+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: [Review] Black Star Tour, Stadium Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur

1. Post #1
    has no status.

avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper's Avatar
    Threads
    Thanks

[Review] Black Star Tour, Stadium Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur

Share to Facebook

Sorry if it’s bit too lengthy…
    The QUEUE, SECURITY and ART of SNEAKING CAMERA
    Wow…I’m sore all over. Well, where do I even begin lol. Okay, so we got to the stadium a bit later than planned, because it was raining really heavily around 2-4pm. That got me and my friend bit worried because the field will definitely be real muddy and not to mention, the fear of the rain continuing till night. But thank god it stopped to a tiny drizzle around 4sth, but we again, got delayed because my nehphew’s friend was taking a nap! Me and my friend was really shocked, you know, like we’re all excited and couldn’t even sleep the night before, but then this guy went on and sleep right before the show! In the end, we delayed our departure till 4.30 and we finally got there around 5sth.

rain at the train station

There was already a huge crowd at the Tune Talk Zone. So we started lining up. We searched for the official merchandise booth, but couldn’t find it though there were tonnes of fake merchandise along the street. All lined up and people selling glow sticks. We then spotted the official merchandise booth but they were still arranging the stuffs! They were really late and most of the fans were already lining up. So me and my friend went to get the Glowing Star Stick, while my sis and niece held our spot. They sold them at RM30 each. Fair price. After all, it’s official. BUT the real bummer was when the security wouldn’t let us take them in! I told them it’s Official Merchandise, so why not? But they were adamant. So I went over to the booth and told one of the ladies, she said we’re allowed of course because it’s official. And they sent someone over to the inform the security. We were kind of mad because the security was pretty rude to us, kept on asking us to either put the stick back in our cars or leave it before going in. Most of us don’t drive! So where do they expect us to put the sticks right? And not to mention, it took them half an hour just to clear things off. We’re disappointed with the lack of communication between the security guys and the organizers. They should be informed earlier!

the bunch of people I went with

And I saw the security checking people’s bags while we were queuing, so I went to a hidden spot further away and wore my camera, tied to a necklace (thanks to my friend, Lissa for the necklace!), and since my ROCKS shirt was pretty huge (though it’s size S, but in Msia, it’s equivalent to size L). I was kinda worried that they’ll check body and my friend was discussing with me the worst case scenario if they found it. I’m not prepared to let it be confiscated though, it’s quite expensive for me. Lissa was telling me if they do find it, then maybe we can negotiate, let them have the battery or memory card, at least I still have my camera. But THANK GOD they didn’t body check! I was really happy when they let me through! They just checked my bag and asked if I brought camera, to which of course I said “NO!” with pleasure xDDD

So when it’s finally 7pm, we got in. They let my niece and sis went in first coz my niece is a kid lol..well, maybe that was the only good thing about the security that I have to say. But I got separated from my friend, they only let one person in and when I got in, they closed the gate behind me and won’t let my friend in. That was really BAD! But my friend didn’t mind her spot after that. Basically she’s not a fan, but she likes TBDT so she just wants to have a taste of her concert LOL. My spot was at the left side, near the speakers so throughout the show, I couldn’t really listen well, coz the voice was distorted. Before the show, for about 30 minutes or so, it actually drizzled a bit. And I was praying for it to stop. I saw some wearing raincoats. But thank god it stopped right before the show. But even if it rained, I could imagine the next day, “Avril’s Little Black Stars BRAVED THE RAIN at Stadium Merdeka” or something like that on the news next day LOL!

the crowd for the Tune Talk Zone (front zone), I didn't dare to take with my camera coz afraid the security will notice. My phone is old so I rely heavily on my camera for any type of recording. If only I have a smartphone.

THE CONCERT
    The crowd was really hyper! And this is the first time I’m surrounded by this many people, all cramped till I couldn’t even turn or move my hands. There were several things I didn’t like:
    1) Before the show began, the security let these 4-5 foreigners in front of us! Like they just came in right in front of us like some boss or something, well, we’re not sure if they had some kind of special pass but it was really a bummer because these foreigners were tall! Some people were complaining how “just coz they’re foreigners, they just let them in like that?”They practically blocked most of views T___T I’m only about 155 cm, so you can imagine how bad it was for me lol. I was initially 3rd row from the stage, but now pushed behind a bit.
    2) The speakers were very near us, so it was superbly LOUD and sometimes, distorted. And I couldn’t really hear Avril singing at all. I mostly heard the people around instead of her. Even my videos sound system is much clearer!
    3) In the middle of the show, two girls PUSHED THEIR WAY FORCEFULLY in to the front from behind! It was really unfair! Someone actually scolded them, but they acted like nothing happened and just kept enjoying the show. They were really ignorant. I was a bit mad too but I don’t wanna ruin the show by scolding people.
    4) Since I’m short, I could only see Avril when she comes to our side, or when I stood on my toes as high as possible. But mostly, I couldn’t see a thing LOL. And I had to rely on my camera by holding it up as high as possible and record videos.

Something I noticed about Avril was that she seldom come to the left side (which is her right). She mostly hung around the middle and right side. T__T But at least, I got to see Jimmy a LOT! Jimmy was practically in front of us lol.
    I couldn’t remember the exact playlist but most of them as I recalled, was similar to the ones before in manila. Except she didn’t perform Push (which was sad, because I really wanted her to). But she made it up by giving us Pumped Up Kids! Pretty special cover for us since it’s the last show of the tour. She didn’t interact much with us, but the same old “How are you doing Kuala Lumpur, I love you, You rock, Jump Jump!, etc…but she did mention how tonight was really special for her because it’s the last show of the tour, which got the crowd really hyped. I don’t normally jump or scream much in concerts (this being my second only), but when everyone around was very hyper, I got into the mood easily and began jumping for WTH, Sk8er Boi, Girlfriend and some others LOL. Before this, I didn’t realize the significance in jumping during these songs, but now I understand how fun it could be! HAHA
    One special moment that I remembered deeply was during I’m With You when she let us sing for like 2-3 times, just the crowd without music. I think we did a pretty AWESOME JOB during this, because everyone was singing along and really loud. At least Jim didn’t screw up this time LOL. I saw Avril showing him her finger (I more time) before she continued. I actually teared up when she first continued the “I’m With You!!!~” It was intensely touching, for some reason.
    Oh and we shouted “We Want More!” like in Manila and “ Complicated!” too after I’m With You when the band and her disappeared backstage. I knew that it’s time for Encore. And she hadn’t even sang Complicated! But I chanted together and 5 minutes later, they showed up. Sang I Love You (I think), Pumped Up Kids and finally Complicated.

I couldn't take any DECENT picture of her at all! It's either shaky or just blurry. This is an example of the best picture, and by best, it's really bad lol. So I took videos mostly xDDD and it ran out of battery after I Love You, so no Complicated T_T

FINAL REMARKS
    I think it was an AMAZING EXPERIENCE, one of a kind to be there amongst really great and supportive crowd. Except for those who forced their way through from behind, very rude of them. I mean, everyone’s just trying to enjoy the show right? There’s no need for that. And my feet was really painful. I had to stand up on my toes, my POOR TOES! God they hurt like hell after that! But worth the pain LOL. It was pretty awesome how so MANY (estimated 14,000) turned up for the show, you know. I was thinking maybe Malaysians might have forgotten about her and all, after 4 years. But she’s got this very loyal fanbase, I think she should be proud of that. I’m proud of that too, as a Malaysian. And she got to sing freely and wear sleeveless this time LOL! Happy for her to get the clearance coz previously, because of the whole banning scenario, I thought they would refrain her from wearing sleeveless. But she was wearing the sleeveless smile shirt. Good for her! Coz it was HOT.

I couldn’t find AnnaWanderer though…too many people. And I think I’m probably the only one wearing the Rocks shirt, coz I didn’t see anyone else wearing it. It wasn’t on sale too at the booth (a bit sad because they could’ve promoted her foundation you know). I don’t think a lot of people actually know about her foundation, except for the hardcore ones like us LOL. But I saw one guy wearing the gold WTH shirt from Abbey Dawn! I think he probably bought it outside of the country or something, coz they don’t ship AD to Malaysia. She should really expand it to Msia considering how many fans she has here.

FREE sim card we redeemed from Tune Talk, the organizer.

And here are some of the videos I managed to record for the night.
    Warning: Shaky for the most part though. Like I said, it was really tough on me, and I envy those who can take really clear and stable ones of her, like in Sgpore. Maybe the crowd there was more tame?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XXBxR_Ug3G0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Thanks from 2 members:  CrazyBatch, Katty With Avril

3. Post #2
    has no status.

avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper is on a distinguished road avanpiper's Avatar
    Threads
    Thanks
    can the mods please delete this post? It's incomplete and I think I double posted or sth. the complete version with videos are in the other post.

4. Post #3
    Little Black Star <3

larilittlered is on a distinguished road larilittlered is on a distinguished road larilittlered is on a distinguished road larilittlered is on a distinguished road larilittlered is on a distinguished road larilittlered is on a distinguished road larilittlered is on a distinguished road larilittlered is on a distinguished road larilittlered is on a distinguished road larilittlered is on a distinguished road larilittlered is on a distinguished road larilittlered's Avatar
    Twitter
    Threads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avanpiper To view the link you have to Register
    can the mods please delete this post? It's incomplete and I think I double posted or sth. the complete version with videos are in the other post.
    Where's the complete post? I'd like to read it
    Mother Fucking Princess

2011-07-24 The Black Star Tour

5. Post #4
    has no status.

Threads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by larilittlered To view the link you have to Register
    Where's the complete post? I'd like to read it
    basically, this is complete. Coz I took down the videos anyway due to some reasons.

+ Reply to Thread