Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 7th annual Avril Bandaids Awards!!
The Avril Bandaids Awards have been a part of the Avril Bandaids culture since 2006 when the awards were founded by then administrator Corrine (Vintage Diposition – known now as Moonfullofstars). The awards were hosted by Corrine for 2 years until 2008 when Lewymocha (Myself ) took over the hosting privileges of the Avril Bandaids Awards. The awards were first created during an Avril downtime to keep the community active and thriving, however, since then it has been an event every April/May that all of the community looks forward to with sheer excitement.
Interesting Fact About the Avril Bandaids Awards
- The Awards have only been hosted by 3 people in the last 7 years (Twice by Corrine, three times by myself, and once by Georgie). This list will add a fourth person this year with Devon as he is co-hosting the awards with myself (He is also the official awards creator of this year’s awards! Thanks Devon!!!)
- The awards use most of the same award titles every year (about 30). 10 new ones are added each year replaced by current trends (Note that ‘Best Use of Gifs’ is now an award with the rise of gif usage on the forum!).
- The 2010 and 2011 winners of the ‘Most Likely to be Banned’ award are now both permanently banned. The members clearly know who they want to keep around! Looking at you Avla and Dale
- There is a red carpet event thread every year at the ABAs. Members usually spam about what they would wear and what transportation they would bring to the award if they were real.
- The 2007 version of the ABAs lasted 7 months due to a breakdown in the Avril Bandaids Staff team in 2007. The Red Carpet Event literally lasted for 5 months with members being continually led to believe the awards were coming soon.
- 4 people get nominated for each award, however, due to numerous people getting the same amount of the nominations, there can sometimes be 10 people nominated for one award!!
- The ABAs is the most successful Avril Bandaids event ever!
The Avril Bandaids Awards Rules
1) You may only nominate two people per award. Please do NOT nominate anymore than two per award.
2) Do NOT post any discussion or spam in the threads. Repeated breaches of this rule will result in an infraction and you can forget about winning that ‘Most Likely to be Banned Award’, you will be banned for real! You may ONLY post nominations in the nomination thread.
April 20th – April 26th: Nominations
April 27th – May 2nd: Voting
May 3rd: Red Carpet
May 4th – 6th : Winners announced
Remember the awards are JUST for fun! The awards vary! If you do not have a sense of humour, then do not hound members for nominating you in awards you do not like. Realistically, you should be happy for any nomination you get! This is the Bandaids Oscars (practically!).
Let the awards begin! And enjoy!!!!
Lewis and Devon