First I'd like to see how many of you think (as I do) that the protagonist Avril plays in the music video "Girlfriend" is dis-likable and if so to what extent.
and then compare it with other songs that have protagonists who for whatever reason have qualities that one can resent.
(Btw please feel free to add your own nominees, and this thread isn't for people to bash music artists just characters that they've played or are featured in a particular music video.
1) Maroon 5: As if cheating wasn't bad enough doing it with your significant other's mother is beyond repulsive. Especially when the girl happens to be Jim Carey's ultra sexy niece
2) The Police: Yes this song is played a lot at weddings but let's be honest this song is akin to confessing you're a stalker
3) Right Said Fred: Pretentious and cocky
4) Nek: The whole song the protagonist is lamenting to his current "girlfriend" that he is still obsessed with his ex-girlfriend and confesses that there is nothing she can do to get his ex off his mind
5) Wil.I.Am: this video is just an excuse to act like a perverted objectifying player