PrivacyWatch celebrity sightings are submitted by our readers, and are now posted several times a week--so send them using whatever Blackberry-in-a- bathroom-stall means necessary. Submit yours to tips[AT]defamer.com (please put "sighting" or "PrivacyWatch" in the subject line) and let everyone know about the time you saw the entire cast of Heroes forced into wearing dorky promotional swag and sticking together on a field trip to a Dixie Chicks concert.
In today's episode: Al Pacino; Spike Lee; Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sargaard; Pamela Anderson; Lou Diamond Phillips, Avril Lavigne, Robbie Williams, Hayden Panettiere, Adrian Pasdar, Milo Ventimiglia, Greg Grunberg, Leonard Roberts, Zachary Quinto, Masi Oka, Rena Sofer, Santiago Cabrera, Tori Spelling, Dean McDermott, Zach Quinto, and Sean Maguire; Lindsay Lohan; John C. Reilly; Adam Brody and Zach Braff; Wentworth Miller; Katherine Heigl; John Mayer; Maria Shriver; Michael Weston; Kim Raver; Angie Harmon and Jason Sehorn; Wendie Malick; Chris Daughtry and Taylor Hawkins.
· My boyfriend and I flew back from London on United this past Saturday (25th) and as we were stumbling out of coach after a ten hour flight, I looked up to first class and saw Al Pacino just exiting. He had just been in Dublin, because he was receiving some award or other at Trinity. He looked hot to me, even after all these years, but my b.f. thought he looked gross. I kind of like it when a guy just gets old and doesn't do too much surgery. He was whisked through (i.e., he got to cut in line) customs. Depressing moment for me was when I heard someone yell, "HOO-ah" from that shitty movie where he was blind and I was thinking about how hot he was in "Dog Day Afternoon". I'm oooooooold.
· Spike Lee was on my flight from SFO to LAX on the Monday after Thanksgiving. Flight was delayed and I swear he was on his cell phone the entire wait at the gate...approximately 45 minutes. I don't really care, just wondering how he has such a kick ass cell phone battery.
· Saw Maggie Gyllenhaal, Peter Sarsgaard and Baby Ramona Sunday evening (11/26) at Mozza. The three-some were doted on by the manager, which is fine by me because they seem so down-to-earth (unlike a lot of other celebs). The baby is adorable and Peter isn't too bad himself.
· I was at the Chateau, now that Thanksgiving is officially over, and who should I see byt our favorite little divorcee (the little one, not the trag vag...) Pamela Anderson all curled up and cozy surrounded by people. I was very focused on the company I was keeping, so I didn't notice anyone if anyone else was there.
· At the Dixie Chicks concert at Staples Center 11/24...Pretty much the ENTIRE cast and crew of Heroes were seated in the next section (some wearing Vote For Petrelli t-shirts). Cute little Hayden Panettiere graciously signed autographs, Adrian Pasdar rushed around wearing a baseball hat, his bluetooth device in his ear and LOUD lime green patent leather sneakers while Milo Ventimiglia (who was wearing a fedora...to a country concert) followed him around like a little puppy dog. Cast members Greg Grunberg, J August Richards Leonard Roberts, Zachary Quinto, Masi Oka, Rena Sofer and Santiago Cabrera were also in attendance. Also sighted at the show were the pig-tailed Tori Spelling (who got excited to see Zach Quinto since they played best friends on So Notorious) and husband unit Dean McDermott, Lou Diamond Phillipsand fam, Avril Lavigne with a female friend who sat silently the entire show while drinking beers and the oh so yummy Robbie Williams with that hot guy from The Class, Sean Maguire (who apparently is also a pop star in the UK...thanks IMDB).
· Saw Lindsay Lohan in first class on Delta Nov. 27 taking the red-eye from LAX-JFK. She had no make-up and dark hair sans hair extensions and just blended in with the crowd. She was by herself and no one seemed to recognize her. She was one of the first people to board (i.e. she can be timely) and was never on her cell phone and only saw her asking the flight attendant for water so.... no, there was no drama! She slept most of the time but got up several times to go to the bathroom. Saw her sign an autograph and chat for a minute with a flight attendant. She put on a hat and sunglasses before we landed and actually looked more like herself!
· Saw America's Favorite Movie Sidekick®, John C. Reilly, cruising out of Amoeba Records last night. Reilly was bundled in an old heavy coat and a wintry porkpie hat that he clearly brought here from Chicago. He was about as tall as I thought he'd be, but not nearly as burly as I imagined. Unfortunately, I didn't get a look at what he bought, so I can't give you any "Hey, John C. Reilly really digs Beyonce!" sorta scoopage.
· Holiday weekend sightings:
Friday, 11/24 - Adam Brody stopped by Abbott's Habit on Sunset for a post-Thanksgiving bagel with his dog. Very skinny and hot in a tight vintage tee (Adam, not the dog.) First time I've ever seen a dog actually bark at a mailman in real life, but it did and we all shared a chuckle.
Sunday, 11/26 - LAX American Airlines Baggage Claim 4 - none other than Zach Braff coming back from the "Garden State." Had a standard Hollywood small dog in tow but seemed normal, unassuming and nerdy in a skinny jeans, hoodie, baseball cap and glasses. Followed him for a little, but then got distracted by a team of hot 7 foot tall basketball players, a Thanksgiving miracle that made my 3rd trip to the airport in 3 days worthwhile.
· Live report. Stranded at dfw. Onplanetola.Airport lost power. Wentworth miller 3 rows away. This is how i want to die - staring @ those eyes. Damn. We are leaving. Only 3 more hours.
· Saw Katherine Heigl (Izzy) of Grey's Anatomy at a Burger King on Sunday afternoon in the Atlanta airport before boarding a flight (ours) back to LA. She seemed very unpretentious while she waiting in line with the little people. She appeared to be traveling with a couple of friends. At LAX, she and friends sat and smoked cigarettes outside baggage claim while they waited for a ride to pick them up.
She's extremely pretty in person and delightfully non-anorexic.
· Saw John Mayer at the Pottery Barn in Santa Monica. He was extremely tall, at least a head taller than anyone else in the store. In person he is really nice to look at, tall, lean, defined cheek bones, and amazing hair; pictures do not do the boy justice (Nice work, Simpson.) He seemed very friendly, was even laughing to himself, and looked a little confused, as I'm sure any 20-something guy would be in a Pottery Barn. He said something about living New York, but wanting to find something cool for his place in LA.
· Tuesday 11/21 at The Counter in Santa Monica: California First Lady Maria Shriver with one of her sons (wearing a sweatshirt emblazoned ARNOLD) and a man we presumed to be secret service. She is starting to look more and more like her mom, and was thinner and more frail than I had expected. Kid seemed tired and cranky. We were right by the window and saw them hop into a giant BMW which materialized like a shark at the curb as they were leaving. Maria rode shotgun; secret service guy rode in the back with the cranky, besweatshirted kid. I like to think Arnold was at the wheel.
· Thursday night, Blockbuster video at Hollywood & Western, around 11:30pm. Walked in and spotted Michael Weston at the counter. Who? I had to IMDB him, but I knew his face--he was Kenny in Garden State (the cop who had once been "doing coke lines off a urinal"). Same sleepy, smoked-a-huge-bowl-before-leaving-the-house look as you might expect--not that tall, but not a total midget. I think this is a strictly C list celebrity Blockbuster--I once saw Ethan Embry trying to work out a deal or something with the clerk because he had $70 in late fees at the same store. Michael just seemed to want something that the clerk needed to go and get...and explain to him somehow.
· 11/26 - Kim Raver (24, The Nine) seated in the last row of business class on my flight from JFK to LAX. She was with her husband and their young son was in coach...hopefully with a babysitter.
· I saw Angie Harmon and her husband, Jason Sehorn, at the UBS parking lot near the Beverly Wilshire tonight. They were waiting in line behind us for the valet to bring our cars. Angie is stunningly beautiful in person (wearing killer thigh-high leopard-print boots), and they were adorable together, laughing and seeming very much in love. Angie totally caught me staring and smiled at me. I'm pretty sure they left in a silver Range Rover.
· 11/30-- Just saw Wendie Malick (Nina in "Just Shoot Me" and is in a new comedy coming out called "Big Day") shopping at the Whole Foods in Brentwood. I was starting to get ticked because I shop there all the time and never see anyone famous, yet according to US Weekly, People and even Defamer there are gaggles of celebrities shopping there. Based on reports one would think Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck lived there. Anyhoo, Wendie looks really good for being in her mid-fifties. She's very tall and thin, but not scary thin, and was wearing a Santa Fe style jacket and jeans. She was very low key and nice to a shopper who started talking to her. Still waiting on the Jen and Ben sighting....
· 11/30 The WeHo Starbucks in that hellish Best Buy/Target complex. Nice, nerdy Asian guy, probably new here since he was still packing a thick accent, is behind the counter serving this group of Nickelback types. I hear one of guys order a "vanilla latte" and then turn to the other guys to repeat his order loudly, "VANILLA LATTE." That's when I saw the dude was Chris Daughtry, second cousin removed of Bon Jovi. His "band" cracks up. Prick.