Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Posts 1 to 12 of 77

Thread: The Two Steps I'll Always Be Ahead Of You By

1. Post #1
    Adminimodregistrator
    A song can make anything possible. That's why I Bandaid.

Sharifa has much to be proud of Sharifa has much to be proud of Sharifa has much to be proud of Sharifa has much to be proud of Sharifa has much to be proud of Sharifa has much to be proud of Sharifa has much to be proud of Sharifa has much to be proud of Sharifa has much to be proud of Sharifa has much to be proud of Sharifa has much to be proud of Sharifa's Avatar

The Two Steps I'll Always Be Ahead Of You By

Share to Facebook

Dear Media,

I usually don't like to brag until after the war has officially been won, but some sites have already blown my cover, so I am without the luxury of waiting.

On June 19th, Bandaids launched a YouTube Viewer with the intention of making Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend the Most Watched Video of all time on YouTube. In the time that the Viewer was running, it recorded 1.2 million loads of Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend video page on YouTube.

Entertainment Tonight, Perez Hilton, Wired.com, The Globe and Mail, The Sydney Morning Herald, TMF, and hundreds of other media outlets around the world picked up on the story resulting in quite the frenzy. Some praised the campaign saying, It's the kind of view-gaming that advertisers would normally consider fraud that is, if what the fans were doing wasn't better than the best advertising Lavigne and her label RCA could buy. Others... okay, the majority... just called us dirty old cheaters.

But like a magician revealing the M.O. to a convincing trick, I have to admit that Bandaids' YouTube Campaign was nothing but misdirection. Bandaiders didn't cheat: the YouTube Viewer was a Hoax.

All along, I knew that YouTube capped the number of views added to a video at 200 per IP address per day. As such, the only way to make Girlfriend the most watched video on YouTube the fast way was to increase our reach, not our views per person. And the best way to do that was to use viral marketing to tap into traditional news sources. So our members went about inflating the count on the YouTube Viewer and spreading the link around the net.

In the mean time, the real end game of the campaign was unfolding nicely. As media outlets around the world began accusing Bandaids of cheating Avril's way into the record books, they drove thousands upon thousands of curious folks to watch Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend video on YouTube (yes, even you Perez). This resulted in a much larger boost to Avril's view count than Bandaids could ever have generated on its own.

Don't believe me? When the Viewer launched on June 19th, Girlfriend had amassed 88.0 million views on its own merits. On June 24th when the viewer was retired, Girlfriend had 88.9 million views an increase largely on pace with what Girlfriend had been steadily gaining in the past few months. At best, Bandaids' YouTube Viewer added under 100,000 (legitimate, as per YouTube's terms of service) views to Girlfriend's total view count. The only thing we cheated was hundreds of reporters into doing our promo for us.

At current count, Girlfriend is 732,892 views away from becoming the most watched video of all time on YouTube. And when it does clinch first place, it won't be because of Bandaids, it will be because Avril Lavigne wrote an irresistible song and recorded a damn good video for it. We're just here to help Avril get the publicity she deserves.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Avril Lavigne Fansite Owner,

Sharifa xx

2. Post #2
    wow not been here in a while...

Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril!'s Avatar
    Sharifa you are so amazing i can't even put it into words!!!!

That was the most brilliant and amazing plan EVER- all my emails of Google alerts had Bandaids mentioned!!

I think you should be crowned or something....queen sharifa? How about that?!

xxxxxxxxx

3. Post #3
    Administr8er Boi
    Sk8er Boi

Adam Bandaids is a name known to all Adam Bandaids is a name known to all Adam Bandaids is a name known to all Adam Bandaids is a name known to all Adam Bandaids is a name known to all Adam Bandaids is a name known to all Adam Bandaids is a name known to all Adam Bandaids is a name known to all Adam Bandaids is a name known to all Adam Bandaids is a name known to all Adam Bandaids is a name known to all Adam Bandaids's Avatar
    Will you marry me?
    Add me on BANDAIDS - FACEBOOK - TWITTER

4. Post #4

Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril! has a spectacular aura about Havril!'s Avatar
    hey I was here first adam , get in line!!!!

Sharifa marry ME!! haha!!

5. Post #5
    Official Problem Solver :)
    named his avatar Burnie

Forgott3n is on a distinguished road Forgott3n is on a distinguished road Forgott3n is on a distinguished road Forgott3n is on a distinguished road Forgott3n is on a distinguished road Forgott3n is on a distinguished road Forgott3n is on a distinguished road Forgott3n is on a distinguished road Forgott3n is on a distinguished road Forgott3n is on a distinguished road Forgott3n is on a distinguished road Forgott3n's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Your Eyes Go To Quoted Post ›
    Will you marry me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Havril! Go To Quoted Post ›
    hey I was here first adam , get in line!!!!

Sharifa marry ME!! haha!!
    Over my dead body, chums.

Mr. Fix-it is here! PM or email me if problems arise!

6. Post #6
    Administrator
    still on team Avryck

bunny has a brilliant future bunny has a brilliant future bunny has a brilliant future bunny has a brilliant future bunny has a brilliant future bunny has a brilliant future bunny has a brilliant future bunny has a brilliant future bunny has a brilliant future bunny has a brilliant future bunny has a brilliant future bunny's Avatar
    we should thank them for helping us out

great job Sharifa this proves they have no idea were they are talking about they just copy what others say

7. Post #7
    Hey Paul

XxLoki is a glorious beacon of light XxLoki is a glorious beacon of light XxLoki is a glorious beacon of light XxLoki is a glorious beacon of light XxLoki is a glorious beacon of light XxLoki is a glorious beacon of light XxLoki is a glorious beacon of light XxLoki is a glorious beacon of light XxLoki is a glorious beacon of light XxLoki is a glorious beacon of light XxLoki is a glorious beacon of light XxLoki's Avatar
    You think some of these assholes would have learned something after those pregnancy stories...

8. Post #8

Quote Originally Posted by Forgott3n Go To Quoted Post ›
    Over my dead body, chums.
    What d'ya think , Adam, can we take him?!

P.s Adam, i think i read sharifas mum already has her eyes on you!

9. Post #9
    The Worst Damn Member
    You, and me, walk on, walk on, walk on.

Gustavoi is a glorious beacon of light Gustavoi is a glorious beacon of light Gustavoi is a glorious beacon of light Gustavoi is a glorious beacon of light Gustavoi is a glorious beacon of light Gustavoi is a glorious beacon of light Gustavoi is a glorious beacon of light Gustavoi is a glorious beacon of light Gustavoi is a glorious beacon of light Gustavoi is a glorious beacon of light Gustavoi is a glorious beacon of light Gustavoi's Avatar
    Twitter
    Nothing to ad, The title says it all. Sharifa 1 Avril 1 Media 0 Perez -1

10. Post #10
    Registered
    "You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter"

Beautiful Eyes has a spectacular aura about Beautiful Eyes has a spectacular aura about Beautiful Eyes has a spectacular aura about Beautiful Eyes has a spectacular aura about Beautiful Eyes has a spectacular aura about Beautiful Eyes has a spectacular aura about Beautiful Eyes has a spectacular aura about Beautiful Eyes has a spectacular aura about Beautiful Eyes has a spectacular aura about Beautiful Eyes has a spectacular aura about Beautiful Eyes has a spectacular aura about Beautiful Eyes's Avatar
    good for you, putting out a statement. Explaining the whole story. that's way better than allowing the media to come up with whatever they want.

This INCREDIBLE blend made by bebavrilswift95. Thank you so much!!
    FanFics: Forever (completed)/ Broken Reflection (completed)/ Life of a Lookalike
    (completed)/ AL Fictional Marathon Entries (completed)/ Valentine's Day Card [Oneshot] (completed)

11. Post #11
    Bitten By Avril

avrilfangz will become famous soon enough avrilfangz will become famous soon enough avrilfangz will become famous soon enough avrilfangz will become famous soon enough avrilfangz will become famous soon enough avrilfangz will become famous soon enough avrilfangz will become famous soon enough avrilfangz will become famous soon enough avrilfangz will become famous soon enough avrilfangz will become famous soon enough avrilfangz will become famous soon enough avrilfangz's Avatar

Okay, a guy can dream, can't he?
    Totally aint got no sig

12. Post #12
    Registered User ; Bandaids Nobility; Bandaids Lover
    Hunter McMillian

Hunter is a jewel in the rough Hunter is a jewel in the rough Hunter is a jewel in the rough Hunter is a jewel in the rough Hunter is a jewel in the rough Hunter is a jewel in the rough Hunter is a jewel in the rough Hunter is a jewel in the rough Hunter is a jewel in the rough Hunter is a jewel in the rough Hunter is a jewel in the rough Hunter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Hunter McMillian
    Twitter
    Dear Sharifa, you are incredible and have kicked the media in their old, saggy, and smelly ass.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast